Popular Hindu Boys Names
Popular Hindu Boys Names – A new member has arrived into your sweet nest. Now naming him seems to be on the top of your mind? Since we are in the middle of a naming revolution, take your pick from our Popular Hindu Boys Names that may add considerable significance to his identity and may help him stay connected to his deep-roots in Hinduism.
Naming a baby is considered to be sacred and therefore is an important Hindu tradition. It involves the immediate families and also close relatives and friends. Traditionally known as Namkaran or Namakarana Sanskar, this ceremony is conducted in an elaborate form on the 12th day after birth. In Kerala, this is conducted on 27th/28th day and called as Noolukettu. The Namakarma Sanskar is usually held after first 11 nights of a baby’s delivery.
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – A
1. AadavanIn Sanskrit, it means ‘the sun’. It is also the name of Vishnu
They are committed to their work and display perfection in their thoughts and actions.
In Sanskrit,the name means ‘the beginning’ ,’the first’ or most important. It is a spiritual name that helps the person to inspire others in a humble and positive manner.
3. AaditIn Sanskrit, it means ‘peak’ ‘first’, ‘lord of the Sun’
It’s linked to astrology and such people are determined and creative in both mind and heart.
4. AadvikIn Sanskrit, it means ‘Unique’, ‘Unusual’ or ‘Different’
A perfectionist by nature and one who works hard to achieve goals.
5. AahanIn Sanskrit, it means ‘sunrise or dawn’, ‘first ray of light’.
This individual is always on the search for truth- in the technical and scientific fields. They love to be an authority of their findings.
6. AalokIn Sanskrit, it means ‘enlightenment or light of divinity’.
They have a burning desire to make life orderly and will flourish because of their practical attitude.
7. AanavThe name means ‘humane’, ‘generous’ in Sanskrit.
The name signifies that the person is humane and generous at heart.
8. AarinIn Hebrew, it means ‘mountain strength’.
Aarin is the name given to the youngest son of Madhuri and Sriram Nene.
9. AaritThe name of Sanskrit origin means ‘one who seeks the right direction’, ‘beloved’, ‘friend’, ‘honored’.
A character who would plan, and focus on choosing careers or feats that seem out of the ordinary.
10. AarivThe name means ‘wise, full of wisdom’.
You live with a purpose to do good for others.
11. AarulThe name means ‘blessed person’, ‘grace of God’ and ‘brilliant’.
This personality has strong administrative and managerial capabilities.
12. AdvikThe name means ‘unique’ in Sanskrit.
A flexible team player by nature and highly diplomatic
13. AhilThe name is one of the fastest rising names, meaning ‘Prince’ in Sanskrit.
A strong person by heart
14. AnakaIn Sanskrit, it means ‘energetic, thunder-cloud’.
Popular Personality : Indian squash player Anaka Alankamony
15. AnantIn Sanskrit, it means, ‘without end’, ‘infinite’, ‘joyful’.
It is another name of Lord Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu.
16. AnantajitIn Sanskrit, it means ‘Ever Victorious Lord’.
The name is also the name of Lord Vishnu.
17. ArushThe name Arush has its origin in India and means ‘first ray of sun’.
Arush one of the most popular masculine names in India. The name is given to Delhi cricket player Ashish Nehra’s son.
18. AryanThe name of Arabic origin means ‘warrior’, ‘kind’.
Aryan is another name for Lord Indra.
19. AvyaanThe name means ‘all protector’ ‘fully content’ in Sanskrit.
It is the name of Lord Vishnu
20. AyaanThe meaning of the name is ‘God’s gift’.
Ayaan is another name of Lord Vishnu.
21. AyanIn Sanskrit, it means ‘Gift from God’
Ranbir Kapoor’s character name was Ayan in Hindi Film Aae Dil Hain Mushkil
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – B
- 1. Barun
Barun is also the name of the vedic God which is regarded as supreme and controller of the entire humanity
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – D
1. DaiwikThe name means ‘God’s grace’, ‘divine’ in Sanskrit.
A very unique name and ranked at 908 in the year 2016.
2. DakshThe name of Sanskrit origin means ‘Competent’.
The name is given to the son of Aditi and Lord Brahma.
3. DevalThe name of Sanskrit origin means ‘divine’.
They are loved and dedicated to their commitments. Often, this could spoil personal relationships. It is a popular Hindu name.
4. DeveshThe name means ‘lord of the lords’.
Devesh is also a name for Lord Krishna and Indra.
5. DushyantThe means ‘one who ends evil beings’ or ‘destroyer of evil’.
In the epic Mahabharata, the name is given to the husband of Shakuntala and the father of the Emperor Bharatha.
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – E
- 1. Edha
In Sanskrit, it means, ‘happiness, bliss’. It is a religious popular name among the Hindus.
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – H
- 1. Haroon
An upcoming Indian Hindu name which reached the level of 2025 in 2917 in the popularity list.
- 2. Hrehaan
Hrehaan is the name of Sussanne and Indian Actor Hrithik Roshan’s youngest son.
- 3. Hridhaan
Hridhaan is the name of Sussanne and Hrithik Roshan’s son.
- 4. Hrik
Hrik is an old Sanskrit word for Rig Vedas.
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – I
1. IshitThe name refers to ‘One who desires to rule’ or ‘ruler’ in Sanskrit.
They have good leadership qualities.
2. IvaanThe name means ‘God’s gracious and glorious gift, Sun, Ruler, Royal’ in Sanskrit.
This name is highly popular in India and reached level 699 in 2017.
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – K
1. KairavThe name means ‘white lotus’ in Sanskrit.
You think out of the box and will be famous.
2. KiaanThe name has a Sanskrit origin meaning ‘Grace of God’.
Kiaan is another name of Lord Vishnu.
3. KianThe unique name of Sanskrit origin means ‘grace of God’.
The name is given to actress Karisma and Sunjay’s son.
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – N
1. NamanThe name of Hindi and Hebrew origin means ‘salutations’, ‘be kind’.
A name for the religious and humble person.
2. NevaanThe name means’‘holy soul’ in Sanskrit.
The name is given to singer Sonu Nigam’s son.
3. NiketThis is a Hindu name and it refers to a ‘Home’ or ‘An abode’
A popular name that reached a level of 575 in popularity list,.
4. NikitaThe name is derived from Sanskrit word “Niketan” meaning ‘abode’,’the earth’. The name also has Greek origin meaning “victorious”.
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – P
1. PranavThe name is of Sanskrit origin meaning ‘very frsh or young’.
It is also another name of Lord Vishnu and also represents the sacred symbol ‘Om’.
2. PranitiThe name of Sanskrit origin means ‘leader’,’guidance’.
A rare but popular Hindu name
3. PulkitThe name Pulkit is of Sanskrit origin meaning ‘happy’, ‘thrilled’.
Pulkit is mentioned in many sacred Hindu literatures – Hitopadesha and Kavya literatures.
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – R
1. RaayanThe name has many origins. The Arabic version means ‘gates of paradise/heaven’. In Sanskrit, the name means ‘little prince’ while the name stands for’graceful’ in Jewish.
Raayan is the son of Indian Actress Madhuri and Sriram.
2. RahulAn efficient person
In hindi film named Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
3. RanbirThe Indian origin name means ‘The brave warrior’.
The name saw a rise in popularity after the debut of the Indian actor Ranbir Kapoor in the film industry.
4. ReyanshThe Sanskrit origin name means ‘first ray of sunlight’.
It is another name of Lord Vishnu.
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – S
1. SachivThe name of Sanskrit origin means ‘friend’.
A famous Hindu name in most Indian households.
2. SamitThe unisex name Samit means ‘collected’.
Samit is the son of former Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid and his wife Vijeta Pendharkar. The name belongs to Kumba (Aquarius)rashi and Sathabisham Nakshatra.
3. SasmitThe name has Sanskrit origin, meaning ‘A person who smiles under any circumstances’, ‘cheerful’.
A pleasant and warm friend you can always rely on.
4. ShahraanThe name is of Persian origin meaning ‘Royal Knight’.
Shahraan is the name of Actor Sanjay and Manyata Dutt’s son.
5. ShravinThe name Shravin means ‘natural leader’.
A leader of the group that is famous in many countries.
6. ShresthThe name means ‘supreme’, ‘excellent’ in Sanskrit.
The name is another name of Lord Vishnu.
7. SiddharthSuccessful and accomplished person
Hindi films named Dil chahta hai and Wake up Sid
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – T
It is another name of Lord Ganesha. The name was also given to King Bharat’s son.
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – V
Ultimate Wisdom; one who is blessed with vedic knowledge
The name is mentioned in the Mahabharata and Upanisad
The name means ‘full of life and energy’.
Famous personality Shilpa Shetty named her son Viaan.
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – Y
- 1. Yug
The name gained popularity after Indian Actress Kajol and Ajay Devgun chose the name for their second child.
Popular Hindu Boys Names Starting with – Z
- 1. Zavian
The name refers to a famous missionary St. Francis Xavier.